March flew by, but then again this whole year seems to be flying. I can't believe spring is already here. I'm not complaining though; I love seeing the daffodils, tulips, and new green buds everywhere.
Make sure you take some time to enjoy these signs of spring this month. Our parks have scheduled plenty of events to help you do just that; this month the Tennessee State Parks are busy with Easter events, wildflower walks, Earth Day activities, and festivals!
This month, try:
4/9 - Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park
- Tomahawk throwing workshop
4/9 - 11 - South Cumberland State Park
- 17th Trails and Trilliums Festival
- There will be hikes including family adventure hikes, a native plant sale,
and presentations. The presentations include topics on gardening, pollinators, and
- For more information, check out their website.
4/10 - Sgt. Alvin C. York State Historic Park
- Code & Cipher: Escape Game at Camp Gordon
4/14 - Paris Landing State Park
- Fishing 101 - learn what bait you should use for different fish, learn to tie fishing knots,
and learn about Kentucky Lake.
4/16 - 18 - Warriors Path State Park
- 42nd Annual Spring Nature Festival
- Guided hikes and seminars on topics including animal tracking, birding, stream
ecology, geology, and spring landscapes
4/17 - T.O. Fuller State Park
- Earth Month Tree Planting - two shifts
- Rangers hope to plant at least 100 redbuds and sawtooth oaks.
- Volunteers will also pick up trash around the park.
- If any trees are still unplanted after the shifts, volunteers can take them
4/23 - 25 - Reelfoot Lake State Park
- $189 per vintage camper for 4 people and $10 for each additional child or adult
- Vintage Camper Experience
- Waterside camping for two nights, campfire s'mores and stories, live raptor show,
pancake breakfast, golf cart parade, pontoon cruises, ranger-guided canoe float, and
4/24 - 25 - Henry Horton State Park
- 2021 Horton 100
- Bicycle ride with a 100-mile option and a 50-mile option
- To register and for more information, visit their website.
Maybe I'll see you out there!